Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Mood

*What is the mood of this novel? Do you find this novel sadness you in any way? Why?
I believe that this book has a sad, depressing, gloomy mood. To show you an example of the depressing part, it is hard to point out for there were too many!! It was hard for me to find happiness in this book for Montag's situation wasn't in a good way. When he didn't get chase, he simply had no feeling and emotions and when he begin to have emtions and thoughts, he was chased by a Hound which I felt very bad for Montag. Not only that, if you see how Mildred who is the wife of Montag's was, you might be able to see how serious the world was where Montag was living. All the things that Mildred does in her house is to watch T.V. To me, the most sad part of this story was when Montag and Mildred didn't have any deep emotions to each other. Later in the book, it is said that Montag didn't really care about Mildred if she was died or not which Montag himself also felt awkward about it. In the world that I am living, people get marry when they truly love each other and when I saw how the relationship between Montag and Mildred was, I was quite shocked for the way how they thought about each other was opposite from how the people who are married should think about each other. Overall, I think the most sad part for me was when Montag had to experience all those hardships that were happening to him. I believe, there is a mood when it becomes bright and happier and I found it that part is when Montag gets to meet Clarisse. As Montag meets this mysterious girl, he gets to expreience different things in different eyesight. To conclude, I didn't really enjoy the book because it had a melancholy and depressing mood.

1 comment:

Jennifer Kim said...

Hey Stay-c.
I, too, do not like moods that are quite sad.
I think all the books that we are reading are all sad or serious.
Anyway, I think there are a lot of similarites on the characters in my book that I have read, "The Lord of the Flies." It is very sad that characters in my book did not care about the killing of a person. They were accusing that it was just an accident. I didn't like my book either :(