Monday, March 31, 2008

Ender's Game- Entry of My Choice

*Entry of your choice.
For my first book, I chose “Fahrenheit 451” and for my second book, I chose to read “Ender’s Game.” It was hard for me to choose my second book because I really didn’t want to read books more after the blogging. Whatsoever, because I had to, I had decided to choose the book that I randomly grab. However, because of the recommendation of the librarian, I chose to read “Ender’s Game”! When I was having a hard time selecting a book between those other six books, the book cover of Ender’s Game looked interesting which made me want to read it. It looked funny and ironic but also it looked easy between the other books. Moreover, by the recommendation of the librarian, I decided to choose “Ender’s Game.” I really didn't ‘think’ and chose the book for I was depressed of how I had to choose a book, but I was more into the librarian’s recommendation for she told me that this book is the best among the others. Believe it or not, it really was!! I really enjoyed reading the book, “Harry Potter” and because of that, I also enjoyed reading “Ender’s Game” too for they were quite similar. Also, in the beginning of each chapter, there is a dialogue between two or more characters talking about Ender which is very unique and interesting to read. At first, I got annoyed with it for I didn't know which person was talking to whom or what they were talking but, later on, it made all sence!Because I like to read this kind of “Heroic” book, I read this book as if I was drunk into it. Overall, the book was totally MY STYLE but it was kind of hard for me to read it because it talked about this whole science things that I really had a hard time understanding them. Except for that, I really~ enjoyed reading this book even though Ms. Nelson, she won't agree!

4 comments:

Kathie Lee said...

I totally agree! At first, I coudln't really trust the librarian because they usually recommend the "difficult and boring" books. Yet, Ender's Game was really enjoyable! Although it was longer than Fahrenheit 451, I read it faster enjoying the book. :P

SusieBang said...

yea totally! I LOVED this book! It was so much fun reading it and I'm so glad I decided to change my book at the last minute. I totally got into this book like you did and zipped through front to back in days. It was so much better than F451! This book's so intereting and it grabbed my attention. Ever chapter had a twist and turn and made me want to keep on reading. I'm thinking of reading the rest of the sequel :) I hope everyone reads this book and finds it interesting. A lot of people can also connect with the book which makes it even better to read.

Jane Lee said...

Sorry sweetie :( but I hated it. I can't believe that you thought the book was actually interesting. I thought the story line was so dull. Well I'm glad that you also thought it was really weird with all the scientific descriptions and stuff. I really didn't get the parts about gravity, technology, the tactics, etc. Everything seemed wrong and unfit for each other. But it's really interesting to see how diverse our feelings are.
Oh, and I also agree with you about the funny book cover. I wasn't planning to read this book but it seemed to be easy to read with a simple plot:), just like you thought too.

Anonymous said...

hey stacy~kk I really agree with you. I love this book. This book is like a "harry Potter" book. Harry Potter's world is a magic world. On the other hand, Ender's world is.. Battle.^^ It took me so long to read Fahrenheit 451.--; However!! this book was really really really really fun. So I couldn't stop reading.